Tools for Teams: Exploring Psychological Safety (Webinar)
This is the eighth installment of Team Up! Team-Based Primary & Community Care in Action that aims to connect individuals and teams, identify tools to apply to current work underway and share experiences in team-based care across the province.
Psychological safety is a critical, yet often overlooked element in high-functioning teams. The creative thinking, meaningful engagement and collaboration needed for high quality team-based care are only possible when trust and safety are present in a team environment. This Team Up! Team-Based Primary & Community Care in Action webinar dove deep into psychological safety and how it can make (or break) a team.
- Recognize the impact of culture on health care
- Identify non-technical skills and their importance in health care
- Define psychological safety
- Recognize contributors and effects of psychological safety: silence, power distance index, mitigated speech, triangulation.
- Relate your experience(s) with team-based care to others working in primary and community care teams across BC.
- Identify opportunities for strengthening team-based care at your local sites.
Check out the following resources that support team-based care!