The Innovation and Support Unit (ISU) has developed the Team Mapping Method to help developing team-based care initiatives (e.g. Primary Care Networks, and Patient Medical Homes) explore and describe how teams could be structured. These highly interactive sessions can help groups describe how roles work together in team-based care projects. The session will also help build a sense of cohesion and consensus across a group, as participants together to explore team structure and the processes involved in the delivery team-based care.
Team Mapping Facilitator Training Virtual Workshop Series
As PCN communities move towards implementation, the Ministry of Health is working in collaboration with the FPSC, PSP, BCPSQC and the ISU to develop and refine new and existing supports for Primary Care Teams. To build coaching capacity in communities to support the transition to Team Based Primary and Community Care (TBPCC), the ISU will be offering Virtual Team Mapping Facilitation Training on February 15 and 16 as well as mentorship to interested participants.
This train-the-trainer approach will include a focus on team mapping preparation, the facilitation of team mapping sessions and the analysis and reporting process that allows communities to build the findings from team mapping processes into learning and action. Sessions are open to those who are interested in building TBC coaching support capacity.
By the end of the workshop series participants will:
- Learn about the team mapping method, the provincial context for the use of the method and roll out of coaching supports
- Learn about the different benefits of team mapping at various stages of team formation
- Engage in a 3-stage team mapping process simulation
- Develop team mapping preparation, session facilitation, and analysis/reporting skills
- Develop an understanding of the core roles and tasks that are most frequently central to team mapping discussions
- Apply the ISU Team Mapping tools in a simulation
- Develop a mentorship partnership with the ISU to support future team mapping in communities
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more about team-based care? Sign up to receive all the latest information!