Mental health concerns have escalated in recent years and added to pressure to meet community health needs in BC. Family doctors have increasingly had to respond as mental health care providers. How can counselling professions (psychologists, counsellors, social workers, and other care providers) play a role in team-based primary care to help respond to patients’ behavioural and mental health concerns sustainably? What developments are happening in BC now in this area? Join this session to learn more!
The presentation and question period (60 minutes) will be followed by an opportunity for informal discussion and networking (30 minutes):
- 1200 – 1300: Panel Presentation and Dialogue
- 1300 – 1330: Informal Discussion and Networking (optional)
- Erika Penner, Director of Advocacy, BC Psychological Association; Psychology Lead, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Zach Finley, Practice Lead, Clinical Counselling, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Bridget Beachy, Director of Behavioral Health, Community Health of Central Washington
- David Bauman, Behavioral Health Education Director, Community Health of Central Washington
- Simon Elterman, Registered Psychologist, Elterman Psychology
For more information about the speakers, visit the UBC Health website.
About the TBC@UBC Network
The TBC@UBC Network, supported by UBC Health, convenes health professionals and leaders, community members, academics, and policymakers to bring forward questions and ideas important for team-based care in BC. The network supports province-wide efforts to enhance team-based care in BC. Together, UBC Health, Doctors of BC, BC Patient Safety & Quality Council, and UBC’s Innovation Support Unit aim to offer a responsive and integrated approach to learning on team-based care. This includes showcasing team-based care resources, tools, models, and experiences through Team Up! webinars and podcasts, alongside opportunity for dialogue and exchange of ideas on those topic areas during TBC@UBC Network events. For more information on the TBC@UBC Network, visit health.ubc.ca/tbc.
Interested in learning more about team-based care? Sign up to receive all the latest information!